Monday, January 12, 2015

Transfers/New Companion

I have a new companion. His name is Elder Nistler but sometimes (which
means all the time) I want to call him Elder JT Eborn because that's
who he reminds me of. He's a paramedic/firefighter from Oregon. He's a
jack of all trades, master of all and is an excellent teacher.
Having New Years right after the transfer was wonderful for us because
we got a full day of planning in. Made transitioning so much easier.
Having Elder Nistler who's been a district leader for six months now
and knows his stuff also helped.


With the Christmas season behind us and a solid weekly planning, we
hit the ground running-almost literally from lesson to lesson. It was
awesome. First time setting up a skype lesson...and taking it right
back down when the investigator never picked up. I could see how
effective missionary work can be when we do all we can do and leave
the rest to God. I'm so grateful for this knowledge. It's quite
incredible.


Now just because we planned everything out and for the most part it
happened, the next day was quite flat. We did the same amount of
planning and preparation so what happened? Well this part is the part
I'm not a big fan of, people's agency. Like who's idea was that? Of
course when people do what will help put them on the path of
righteousness it makes me very happy. Like setting up Taylor's and
Janette's baptisms for this weekend is one of the happiest moments of
my day. A few nights ago, Taylor called us and asked for a blessing
since he's had pneumonia the whole week. It was the first time I'd seen
his house since his parents don't want us there. After the blessing we
talked about the Holy Ghost and why that incredible feeling (spoiler:
holy ghost) can be his constant companion. One thing that I've worked
on is having a daily contact with our investigators. At the beginning
I thought that was super weird and why would you want to contact them
every day of the week. But I've come to realize that if we establish
that we will send a scripture every day to read or another form of
message, they'll think about us and the commitments we've left with
them.


I feel wiser, I know now how much I don't know. I really appreciate
the words of wisdom I've gotten from my parents (shoutout, you know
who you are) and grandparents as well.


I love you guys. Have a wonderful week.


And if I don't see ya: Good afternoon, good evening and good night

No comments:

Post a Comment