Monday, October 27, 2014

Hey gang! Let me fill you in on this last week, full of good things.

I went on my first "Take over" exchange Tuesday which as you probably already know, means, I made the schedule for the day and would make the final call on decisions. A little crazy when its with a zone leader as well. Elder Hamilton the zone leader I was with, is from Burley Idaho and a really cool guy. His mind is very sharp and has this owlish wisdom about him, couldn't have been in an easier situation. With the elders I have been with, I feel like I can't screw up. Elder Anderson gave me some of the best advice for the exchange. He said that when everything goes wrong, just take a step back from the situation and let the spirit guide. Like promised there was a few hours where the hard workers in my mind went on strike and we fell into a mini depression. Things weren't working out: our lessons were dropping, and all that jazz. But then the clouds broke and the sun shone on our little heads. 5 doors that haven't opened to us ever, they agreed to have us back over. Success! The best part though was our lesson with Taylor that night. One thing we figured out was Taylor learns slower which is cool, we'll have to be better reviewing for understanding. But after the lesson about the second half of the Restoration (BoM, Joseph Smith, etc), Taylor said the closing prayer and rocked it. He has the best questions, anyways as we were about to get up I asked for something else. I followed the promptings of the Holy Ghost and asked if he would be baptized. Taylor said YES. We were worried that since he started talking to us because of his girlfriend he wouldn't be very interested. Those few minutes were so special. I can't begin to describe it. 

This week we've also been trying to widen our boundaries to get more leaders of the Rio Vista branch since we have none and maybe have 5 active members. The Hermanas who have the rest of the branch were more than cool with it. They have more of Goodyear and Estrella Hills and since they have a ton of things to do in addition to being at the temple open house 3 days a week, they need a lot of help. They actually suggested giving us double the area we asked for. If this goes through (right now its with the assistants to approve), we will have the same amount of miles as the zone leaders. Which means more is required of us if this whole thing goes through. I know that with whatever comes our way, I can look to the examples in my life who have helped me. Especially Dad. You're the best. I love you family. Isn't is neat how we will be together again after we die? I taught that principle to this cool hispanic family this week. The dad when he opened the door I gasped in my mind. He's this huge tatted guy who probably would/could rip my limbs off if I dare even look at his daughters. Needless to say I keep my eyes firmly fixed on his steel gaze. 

One problem we are having is that people are nice enough to set up an appointment but forget we are coming and either go on vacation last minute, or deadbolt the door and turn all the lights off when we stop by. Like do they think we don't hear them stumbling in the dark? Not even mad, just confused. 

Are you guys excited for Halloween? I can only imagine how stunning Macy is going to be in her butterfly costume. 

I love you guys,
Elder Bryan

Ps. did you see me post on fb? I finally got everything cleared!! Beyond excited for creating little messages. :) Oh and Mom, still haven't gotten those things but I think it'll come this week. Mexican post takes three weeks roughly, has it been that long already?

This pig is as wide as I am tall.

No comments:

Post a Comment